Creating and maintaining a campus environment where all University of Tennessee students can thrive is among our most important goals. Yesterday we launched a new survey designed to measure student experiences and perceptions, and I’d like to ask for your help encouraging participation. The survey will stay open until February 24.
All undergraduate and graduate students received an email invitation yesterday to take the confidential survey. Topics include experiences and perceptions of campus environment, community, culture, and safety.
Please consider mentioning the survey in your classes, on your resource pages, and in your advising sessions. Higher response rates give the university a better understanding of student opinions, and I hope I can count on your support.
Participation is entirely voluntary, and students can skip questions and exit the survey at any time. As you know, we cannot require or incentivize their participation.
Below are some suggested points you can use when speaking to students about the survey:
- UT is launching its first student experience survey January 24–February 24 to learn about students’ experiences and perceptions of campus climate, community, culture, and safety. I encourage you to take the survey by visiting mycampus.tennessee.edu.
- All undergraduate and graduate students are invited to share feedback.
- Participation is voluntary and feedback is confidential. You are encouraged to respond honestly and can skip questions and exit the survey at any time.
- The survey takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Enter-to-win prizes are available, such as $500 Visa gift cards, $25 Amazon gift cards, and $100 VolShop gift cards.
- Survey results will be shared during the fall 2017 semester.
Please contact me with any questions. Thank you in advance for your help.
Interim Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor