College of Business Administration Dean Candidates
To UT Faculty, Staff and Students
From: Provost Susan Martin
Four new candidates for dean of the College of Business Administration will visit campus over the next two weeks. The fifth candidate, William Fox, was a finalist in the first phase of the search, which took place this spring.
Engineering Dean Wayne Davis is chairing the search. Business Dean Jan Williams is continuing to serve until the post is filled permanently.
As part of the candidates' campus visits, each will lead a public forum for the campus community and respond to questions following their presentations. I invite you to save these dates and join us for the public forums:
For those who can't attend, each forum will be web cast live and viewers will be able to submit questions and feedback online.
Engineering Dean Wayne Davis is chairing the search to replace Dean Jan Williams, who announced his intent to retire last year. He is continuing to serve until a replacement is hired. The other search committee members are
- Bruce Behn, Ergen Professor in Business in the Department of Accounting and Information Management; Center for Business and Economic Research (CBER) faculty fellow
- Robert Mee, William and Sara Clark Professor in Business in the college's Department of Statistics, Operations, and Management Science
- Matt Murray, Ball Corporation Professor in Business; director of the Howard H. Baker, Jr., Center for Public Policy
- Scott Rabenold, vice chancellor for Development and Alumni Affairs
- Annette Ranft, CBA Associate Dean for Academic Programs
- Mintha Roach, president and CEO, Knoxville Utilities Board; president, UT Knoxville Alumni Board of Directors; past chair, Chancellor's Associates; member, College of Business Administration Advisory Council to the Deans
- Tyvi Small, coordinator of diversity initiatives for the College of Business Administration
- Anne Smith, Flaskerud Professor in Business in the college's Department of Management
- Tracie Woidtke, David E. Sharp/Home Federal Bank of Tennessee Professor in Banking and Finance; director of the doctoral program in finance; research fellow in the college's Corporate Governance Center
Posted: September 6, 2012