2013 Spring Cleanup
Last year's Spring Cleanup was an incredible success, and we hope that you will join us as we implement the process again this semester.
In an effort to declutter our academic buildings, the campus 2013 spring-cleaning effort kicks off on March 4. Campus departments should use the Spring Cleanup program as an opportunity to remove surplus equipment, used furniture, trash, and recyclables.
Last year, more than fifteen tons of waste were removed from the campus' academic buildings, along with 656 tons of surplus equipment and furniture. We also recycled twelve tons of scrap metal and fifteen cubic yards of construction and demolition waste.
Once again, Facilities Services and UT Warehousing are dedicating special resources to support the Cleanup and make it easier to move property out of your buildings. Staff from Facilities Services will go building-by-building to help units simplify the process. Computer and laboratory equipment, furniture, office supplies, paper files, and more may be recycled, discarded, or sent to UT Warehousing.
The Cleanup will begin with Taylor Law Center, Blount Hall, and TANDEC on March 4, and continue for fourteen weeks to include most academic buildings. (A complete schedule is available at the end of this message.) Academic units will be reminded of their upcoming Cleanup dates via e-mail, and updates and schedule reminders will also appear in Tennessee Today.
New and recently renovated buildings were not scheduled, but any department can contact UT Warehousing at anytime to arrange a pick up of surplus property.
Some work is required of departments to prepare for their Cleanup week.
Campus units should download UT Warehousing's surplus property form (pdf), and submit the completed form one week before their Cleanup is scheduled to begin. Submissions should be faxed to the number included on the form.
If you have computers to surplus, download the computer surplus form (pdf). If you have equipment that will require decontamination, download the surplus equipment decontamination form. Learn more about surplus property on the UT Warehousing website.
The Cleanup aims to improve the look of our campus facilities and ensure their safety. I am looking forward to another successful Spring Cleanup and hope you will participate in this important effort.
2013 Spring Cleanup Schedule
- March 4-8: Taylor Law Center, Blount Hall, and TANDEC. Surplus forms due February 25.
- March 11-15: Perkins Hall, Ferris Hall, and Berry Hall. Surplus forms due 4.
- March 18-22: Estabrook Hall, East Stadium, and South Stadium. Surplus forms due March 11.
- March 25-29: Hodges Library and the Communications and University Extension Building. Surplus forms due March 18.
- April 1-5: Alumni Memorial Building and Burchfiel Geography Building. Surplus forms due March 25.
- April 8-12: Science and Engineering Research Facility. Surplus forms due April 1.
- April 15-19: Walters Life Sciences Building and Hesler Hall. Surplus forms due April 8.
- April 22-26: Jessie Harris Building, Hoskins Hall, and Dabney Buehler Hall. Surplus forms due April 15.
- May 6-10: Dunford Hall, Henson Hall, and Stokely Management Center. Surplus forms due April 29.
- May 13-17: Nielsen Hall, and Earth and Planetary Sciences Building. Surplus forms due May 6.
- May 20-24: Bailey Education Complex and Art and Architecture Building. Surplus forms due May 13.
- May 28-31: Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Building and Melrose Hall. Surplus forms due May 20.
- June 3-7: South College, Austin Peay, and Dougherty Hall. Surplus forms due May 28.
- June 10-14: UT Conference Center. Surplus forms due June 3.
Posted: February 19, 2013