Academic tenure promotes and protects the academic freedom of the faculty and assists the university in attracting and retaining faculty members of high quality.
- Faculty Evaluation & Promotion Calendar
- UT Board of Trustees Policies Governing Academic Freedom, Responsibility, and Tenure
- Faculty Handbook
Forms and Instructions for Deans and Department Heads
Note: Certification of English competency for tenure candidates whose native language is not English must accompany dossiers submitted to the Office of the Provost.
- Memo for Deans, June 2012
- Guidelines for Department Heads
- External Letters of Assessment Guidelines
- Summary Sheet: Recommendations for Promotion and/or Tenure
- Promotion & Tenure Workshops
Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs