Here are several special faculty events you may want to attend this semester:
Coffee and Conversation
Coffee and Conversation is a new opportunity for faculty to enjoy a light breakfast while discussing timely matters and issues of concern with the interim provost and vice provosts. These one-hour events will be held in the private dining room in the Fresh Food Company in Stokely Family Residence Hall:
- Monday, September 25, at 8 a.m.
- Thursday, October 12, at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, November 9, at 9 a.m.
All faculty (current and retired) are invited to enjoy Faculty Pubs from 4 to 7 p.m. on:
- Thursday, August 24, in the Lauricella Center of Neyland Stadium
- Wednesday, September 13, in the Lauricella Center
- Thursday, October 26, in the Lauricella Center
- Thursday, November 30, at UT Visitor’s Center on Neyland Drive. This end-of-the-year celebration will be catered by the UT Culinary Institute in partnership with a local brewery.
Mic/Nite is a “Powered by PechaKucha” social gathering where administrators, faculty, and staff can socialize and learn about some of our faculty’s compelling research. A fast-paced lecture format that originated in Tokyo, PechaKucha requires presenters to discuss 20 images for 20 seconds each.
This year’s MicNites will be held on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, and Thursday, March 8, 2018, at the Relix Variety Theatre, 208 North Central Avenue. Social hour begins at 5:30 p.m. and the presentations begin at 6:30 p.m.
Faculty Bookplate Reception
Faculty who receive promotion or tenure, along with their department heads and deans, are invited to the bookplate reception from 3:30 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, October 17, on the sixth-floor terrace of Hodges Library.