We request your help in promoting academic resources through the Academic Success Center to your student scholars. Early and frequent use of Supplemental Instruction and tutoring helps student scholars expand their understanding of content and practice their skills. Our internal assessments indicate that student scholars who frequently engage in academic resources have higher GPAs than those who do not.
- Peer tutoring will begin on January 25. The schedule may be found here. Student scholars may schedule a session in Vol Academic Connect via MyUTK. They may also drop-in to see a tutor in Hodges 220K or via the tutor’s Zoom link.
- Supplemental Instruction, facilitated group study, and group tutoring is offered by drop-in and do not require registration. These are offered in-person and virtually.
- You may also refer a student scholar to tutoring or Supplemental Instruction. The Academic Success Center will follow-up directly to connect them to the resources they need to succeed academically.
Your Course Materials
Course materials, particularly syllabi, can significantly assist facilitators in providing specific and relevant support. If you are willing to share materials from your course, please direct them to Jennifer Hewerdine, assistant director in the Academic Success Center.
Additional Academic Support
If further action is needed, refer student scholars to or contact the appropriate campus department for additional support and assistance:
- Academic Success Center—academic, attendance, or student engagement concerns; academic alerts; and referring student scholars to the ASC
- 865-974-HELP (4357)—mental health or well-being concerns (available 24/7)
Please let us know if you have additional questions. Thanks for all you do to support our student scholars.
In the Volunteer spirit,
Vice Provost for Student Success
Director, Academic Success Center