This page provides a more complete view of the various duties and responsibilities of the administrative staff for the Office of the Provost.
Office of the Provost
Administrative Coordinator for the Provost
- Serves as internal and external point of contact for all requests of the provost
- Coordinates administrative workflow for provost
- Composes and edits communications from the provost’s office
- Manages the provost’s calendar
- Schedules recurring meetings, organizes provost sponsored meetings, and compiles meeting agendas
- Coordinates nomination and selection process for select faculty awards, honorary degrees, and chancellor’s professors
- Provides administrative support for academic and administrative searches
- Coordinator for provost-sponsored events
- Project manager for internal office initiatives
Academic Affairs and Student Success
Assistant for Robert Hinde, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, and Amber Williams, Vice Provost for Student Success
- Serves as initial point of contact, for both internal and external stakeholders, for all requests of the vice provosts for academic affairs and student success
- Facilitates academic program reviews and mid-cycle reviews
- Supports various committees and activities within the Office of the Provost related to undergraduate academic affairs and student success
- Serves as internal and external point of contact for all requests of the vice provost for enrollment management
- Coordinates administrative workflow for the vice provost
- Manages the vice provost’s calendar
- Schedules recurring meetings, organizes vice provost sponsored meetings and compiles meeting agendas
- Provides administrative support for departmental searches
Faculty Affairs Coordinator
- Oversees faculty employment action processes.
- Oversees compliance related to faculty employment action processes including academic searches, faculty appointments, faculty leave, faculty evaluation, and tenure and promotion.
- Serves as the point of contact for Elements, Interfolio and Online Faculty Review System inquiries.
Faculty Affairs Assistant
- Serves as internal and external point of contact for scheduling for the vice provost for faculty affairs.
- Composes and issues appointment letters.
- Provides support for faculty employment action processes such as academic searches, promotion and tenure process, faculty leave including development leave and leaves related to the Faculty & Family Care Policy.
Administrative Coordinator for Vice Provost Gretchen Neisler
- Serves as internal and external point of contact for all requests of the vice provost for international affairs
- Manages the vice provost’s calendars and compiles meeting agendas
- Plans events for the vice provost that are strategic priorities and unit led initiatives, coordinates elements of vice provost travel and international visitors to campus
- Coordinates internal strategic development initiatives – such as working groups, and internal leadership teams, ensuring they are making progress and have clear communication and access to and from the vice provost
- Works with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding international affairs reflecting a high level of discretion
Administrative Coordinator to Vice Provost and Dean Dixie Thompson
- Serves as internal and external point of contact for all requests of the vice provost and dean
- Coordinates administrative workflow for the vice provost and dean
- Manages the calendar for the vice provost and dean
- Serves as the office manager for the Graduate School
- Coordinates most Graduate School sponsored programs and events
- Provides administrative support for Student/Faculty Research Awards
- Provides administrative support for monthly meetings of the Graduate Associate Deans
Administrative Support Assistant
- Manages chancellor’s, provost’s, vice chancellors’, and vice provosts’ guest traffic and phone calls
- Provides administrative support to the director of academic resources, including entering accounts payable, reconciling time sheets and ledgers, and preparing and entering travel
- Supports and serves as back-up to other administrative assistants on the floor
- Manages the conference room and orders supplies
- Manages the day to day operations of the provost office budget
- Oversees the financial and human resources operations of academic affairs units
- Develops, implements, and manages department E&G and restricted budgets
Director of Academic Finance
- Provides oversight of the provost academic budget and executive human resource function
- Supervises finance and administration staff
- Develops and reviews provost business process and policy
- Provides support to the vice provosts
- Conducts financial planning and analysis