- Tenure-track faculty at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville; must be pre-tenured and must not have yet submitted a tenure dossier
- At time of application to the Research Development Academy, at least one full year of tenure-track service at UTK or another institute of higher education
- Self-identification as a racial or ethnic minority, a woman, as part of the LGBTQ+ community, as a member of an underrepresented group within your discipline, or as otherwise aligned with the goals of the program
- Nominations are welcomed and self-nominations are allowed
- Must be available to participate in at least 90% of the program (Please review dates on the RDA webpage to ensure that you can participate fully)
- Must be willing to be tracked by the Division of Diversity and Engagement until promoted and tenured
- Interest Statement
- Endorsement from Department Head and/or Dean
- Your name, department, and college
- The year you expect to be considered for tenure at UTK
- What you hope to gain from participating in the program
- Research interests and aspirations
- How your participation will allow you to achieve your professional goals
- What you will bring to the RDA program cohort
- A description of your current efforts to contribute to diversity, equity, or inclusion and how your participation in this program will allow you to enhance these efforts
- Statements of your commitment to participate fully in the program and your willingness to be tracked until promoted and tenured
Please ask your dean and/or department head to submit their endorsements at: https://tiny.utk.edu/rda_endorsement. You will automatically receive a notice via email when an endorsement form as been submitted on your behalf. Below is sample email text you can use to request your endorsement(s):
Dear [Dean and/or Department Head],
I am applying for the UTK Research Development Academy, which requires your endorsement. To submit your endorsement, visit this page: https://tiny.utk.edu/rda_endorsement. The endorsement only consists of your expressing support for my participation in the program. You are not required to write a recommendation letter. In case it is helpful, I have attached my CV.
You can read more about the UTK Research Development Academy at: https://provost.utk.edu/rda/.
Your endorsement(s) is/are due by April 23, 2021.