Our annual celebration of faculty—Faculty Appreciation Week—will be held February 6–12 and will feature a full slate of special events, including a campus-wide farewell party for Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek.
All faculty, staff, and students are invited to a reception to thank Chancellor Cheek and wish him well as he joins the faculty of the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies in the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences. The event will be held from 3:30 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, February 8, on the Tennessee Terrace of Neyland Stadium. (Enter at Gate 19 and go to the third floor.)
Visit the Faculty Appreciation Week website to read profiles spotlighting faculty from each college, leave a shout-out for a colleague, and find details of special events and offers.
Here is a full list of the planned events—note that several require an RSVP:
Monday, February 6
- Faculty Appreciation Luncheon—11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Stokely Hospitality Suite (Room 501), Haslam Business Building. Enjoy lunch and a poster session while learning and networking with fellow faculty. Sponsored by the Teaching and Learning Center. Register by February 1.
Tuesday, February 7
- Office of Research and Engagement Open House—1 to 3 p.m., Blount Hall. Meet the expert staff and learn more about how they assist faculty, staff, and students in meeting their research goals. Refreshments will be provided, and those who register here will receive a free gift.
- Distinguished Faculty Reception, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., West Club of Neyland Stadium. By invitation.
Wednesday, February 8
- Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek Farewell Party—3:30 to 6 p.m., Tennessee Terrace.
- Men’s Basketball vs. Ole Miss—6:30 p.m. Faculty and staff can present their UT ID at the arena box office any time before the game for two complimentary tickets.
- Outside Mullingar—7:30 p.m., Clarence Brown Theatre mainstage. Faculty and staff can purchase $16 discount tickets by calling the theater box office (974-5161) between noon and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Thursday, February 9
- Dig In: Unpacking the Curriculum with Cultural Objects—11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture’s Decorative Experience Gallery. Enjoy lunch and conversation as you explore the museum and see how its collections can help deepen students’ grasp of curriculum and encourage collaboration. Space is limited each day. Register by February 6.
- Faculty Pub—4 to 7 p.m., West Club of Neyland Stadium. Cash bar with discounted drinks during the first hour. Free appetizers. Limited parking available after 5 p.m. in Staff Lot 9. Door prizes donated by VolShop. Please RSVP.
- Lady Vols basketball vs. Missouri, 7 p.m. Faculty and staff can present their UT ID at the arena box office any time before the game for two complimentary game tickets.
Friday, February 10
- “Dig In: Unpacking the Curriculum with Cultural Objects”— 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture’s Decorative Experience Gallery. See Thursday listing for details.