The Division of Academic Affairs is led by Interim Vice Provost Ozlem Kilic. Under her purview, the division has oversight of undergraduate academic programs. Interim Vice Provost Kilic works closely with the Undergraduate Council’s Academic Policy, Curriculum, and General Education committees, with the university’s Classroom Upgrade Committee, and with the University Calendar Committee.
Interim Vice Provost Kilic also chairs the committee for UTK NAGPRA, which is committed to fulfilling its obligations under NAGPRA through consultations with appropriate tribal communities and through the return of human remains and cultural objects to those individuals, tribes, and organizations who have requested these remains and objects and have the right to them.
Latest News in Academic Affairs
Policies and Procedures for Academic Programs
Name Change to an Existing Academic Unit
- STEP 1: UTK Process
- The faculty of the unit vote on the new name.
- For a department, the department head submits a letter to the dean, requesting the name change, explaining the rationale for the change, and stating the result of the vote.
- If the dean approves, then the dean sends the VPAA’s office a memo to the Provost requesting the name change, explaining the rationale for the change, and stating the result of the faculty vote.
- STEP 2: THEC Process (January 2023 information)
Creation, Review, & Discontinuation of Academic Programs
- Academic Program Reviews
- New Academic Program Proposals
- Academic Program Discontinuance & Reorganization
- Current CIP Codes
- Requesting a CIP Code Change
- Latest Updates on Academic Policies, Checklists, and Forms
- Creating New Academic Units (January 2023 information)
- New Academic Programs: Approval Process (January 2023 information)