The Division of Academic Affairs is led by Vice Provost Robert Hinde. Under his purview, the division has oversight of undergraduate academic programs. Vice Provost Hinde works closely with the Undergraduate Council’s Academic Policy, Curriculum, and General Education committees, with the university’s Classroom Upgrade Committee, and with the University Calendar Committee.
The Office of Online Learning and Academic Programs, and its mission to assist with and grow online learning opportunities, also reports to the Division of Academic Affairs. Vice Provost Hinde also chairs the committee for UTK NAGPRA, which is committed to fulfilling its obligations under NAGPRA through consultations with appropriate tribal communities and through the return of human remains and cultural objects to those individuals, tribes, and organizations who have requested these remains and objects and have the right to them.
Find resources for Academic Affairs:
- Creation, Review, & Discontinuation of Academic Programs
- Textbook Ordering
- Online Learning and Academic Programs
- Finding OCR-capable Copiers on Campus
- Instructor Resources and Responsibilities
- Vaccination Considerations for Clinical and Internship Placements
- Curriculum Proposals for AY 2022-23
- Curriculum Proposals for AY 2023-24
- Winter Mini-Term Courses for January 2022
- Requesting a CIP Code Change