The search committee has been formed for the dean of the College of Law. Lori Messinger, dean of the College of Social Work (CSW), has agreed to chair the search committee. Dean Messinger has served as dean of the CSW since 2019. With over 15 years of progressive leadership in research and public universities, as well as leading a nationally recognized college that plays a vital role in our community, Dean Messinger will provide the committee with great insight when searching for the next College of Law dean.
The search committee is comprised of eight faculty, two assistant deans, two alumni and one law student:
- Wendy Bach, Professor of Law
- Ursula Bailey, Alumni
- Ben Barton, Helen and Charles Lockett Distinguished Professor of Law
- Tasha Blakney, Alumni
- Sherley Cruz, Assistant Professor
- Shamika Dalton, Associate Professor
- Joan Heminway, Rick Rose Distinguished Professor of Law
- Michael Higdon, Professor of Law
- Lucy Jewel, Professor of Law
- Teresa Peterson, Assistant Dean for Finance, Administration & Operations
- Maria Saez Tatman, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Dir of Diversity & Inclusion
- Greg Stein, Woolf, McClane, Bright, Allen & Carpenter Distinguished Professor of Law
- Grace Ewell, College of Law student
The committee will begin accepting applications soon.