Serve as a guiding force for quality program assessment at the institution by:
- providing instruction on program assessment and using assessment software,
- identifying faculty development needs relating to assessment,
- reviewing program assessment plans and reports to provide feedback and assistance to faculty, and
- providing direction in maintaining and advancing the assessment culture of the institution.
The Assessment Steering Committee is comprised of representatives who oversee assessment in the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA), the Office of Accreditation, Teaching and Learning Innovation and the Division of Student Life. These offices are charged by the Provost to provide guidance, oversight and management of the assessment of academic programs and general education.
- Assistant Provost and Director of the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA)
- Associate Director of OIRA, Program Assessment
- Program Assessment Analyst in OIRA
- Assistant Vice Provost for Accreditation and SACSCOC Liaison
- Compliance System Coordinator
- Faculty Consultant for Assessment for Teaching & Learning Innovation (TLI)
- Experiential Learning Assessment Coordinator from TLI
- Director of Assessment and Strategic Initiatives for the Division of Student Life
The Chair will alternate between leadership in the Office of Accreditation and the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment. The Assessment Steering Committee membership and actions are shared with the University community through the Office of the Provost website.
Frequency of Meetings
The Assessment Steering Committee meets biweekly.
The composition, operation and function of this Committee will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Proposed November 2018