The University Space Committee is responsible for implementing policies that promote the efficient and effective utilization of all UT space (including buildings and property). The committee makes recommendations concerning the assignment, reassignment, classification, and reclassification of space, and the assignment or reassignment of administrative priority for centrally-scheduled spaces. It reviews and makes recommendations concerning proposals for any modifications or renovations that may be desirable after space assignments or classifications are made or updated. It also reviews existing space-related policies and recommends changes to these policies when needed. The committee’s recommendations are advisory to the Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration, and the Vice Chancellor for Student Life.
Space is defined as all space leased or owned by the state and maintained by the Knoxville campus, including that which is occupied by other university entities, including but not limited to, university-wide administration, affiliated Foundations, and the Institutes of Agriculture and Public Service.
- Mark Alexander, Division of Student Life
- Christine Boake, College of Arts and Sciences
- Bill Dunne, College of Engineering
- David Dupper, College of Social Work
- Jeff Fairbrother, College of Education, Health and Human Sciences
- Jennifer Hardy, Office of the Registrar
- Doug Hawks, Haslam College of Business
- Robert Hinde, Office of the Provost (Co-Chair)
- Dave Irvin, Facilities Services
- Jeff Maples, Finance and Administration (Co-Chair)
- Beth Neilson, Office of Undergraduate Research